Just cut and paste the authors name to find the rest of that persons quotes
- The work of internal government has become the task of controlling the thousands of fifth-rate men.
- -- Henry B. Adams
- I didn't accept it. I received it.
- -- Richard Allen, National Security Advisor to President Reagan, explaining the $1000 in cash and two watches he was given by two Japanese journalists after he helped arrange a private interview for them with First Lady Nancy Reagan.
- I don't know exactly what democracy is. But we need more of it.
Anonymous Chinese Student, during protests in Tianamen Square, Beijing, 1989
- Republican boys date Democratic girls. They plan to marry Republican girls, but feel they're entitled to a little fun first.
- Asking politicians to vote themselves out of power is like asking rabbits not to multiply, it ain't natural.
- -- Bob Beckel, on term limits, CBS This Morning, 3/30/95
- CAPITAL, n. The seat of misgovernment. That which provides the fire, the pot, the dinner, the table and the knife and fork for the anarchist; the part of the repast that himself supplies is the disgrace before meat.
- -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911
- People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.
- -- Otto von Bismarck
- Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair.
- -- George Burns
- Man is the only animal that laughs and has a state legislature.
- -- Samuel Butler
- Just buy a box of popcorn and a Coca-Cola and sit back and watch.
- -- James Carville, Clinton advisor, offering advice for Democrats on the term-limits vote in the House
- Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
- -- Wynn Catlin, also attributed to Will Rogers
- I still believe in liberalism today as much as I ever did, but, oh, there was a happy time when I believed in liberals...
- -- G. K. Chesterton
- Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.
- -- Winston Churchill
- The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.
- -- Winston Churchill